Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is one of the most common, life-threatening genetic diseases. It affects thousands in America and millions worldwide, who are in urgent need of treatments and a cure. One of those impacted is our very good friend at Southern Painting, Dale Altenhofen. He is the reason we walk; do you have someone in your life who is impacted by this?
The PKD Foundation is the only organization in the U.S. solely dedicated to finding treatments and a cure for PKD to improve the lives of those it affects. They do this through promoting research, education, advocacy, support and awareness on a national level, along with direct services to local communities across the country.
The Walk for PKD is your chance to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands in America, and millions worldwide who have poly-cystic kidney disease (PKD).
100% of each donation funds life-saving research. Walk with us so we can bring treatments to patients faster. This very brief video will tell you more about JC Consultant Group’s efforts to help.
Meet Max Altenhofen, who is preparing for this year’s walk. As you can see, he is dressing for the occasion.
In his role as family caretaker, Max is very gently begging that you please consider a donation to support the research into a cure.
You Have Questions; We Have Answers
If you would like to know more about PKD, or more about how to get registered for the 2017 Walk for PKD, we have collected some very useful information to help you. Just click on any of the following links to get directly to the details you need.
- To learn more about PKD itself, start with About PKD.
- You can find Dale Altenhofen’s team registration page here.
- Answers to many frequently asked questions about registration, fundraising, and making donations can be found on the PKD Walker’s Toolbox page. On that page, you will find links to two useful videos to help you with Individual Registration or Team Registration.
- If you find you are having problems registering online, please feel free to call 1.800.753.2873, then press 1 for Walk. Alternatively, send an email to email@example.com for further assistance. Please allow at least 24 hours for a response, as their normal business hours are Mon – Fri, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Central Time.
- Once you have registered yourself, this guide will help you use the PKD web site to set up your personal page, and where you can also send email to others you think might want to support PKD: Walk for PKD Participant Center Guide
- If you want to register your own team, this will guide you through the steps: Walk for PKD Team Registration Guide
- If you are a registered walker, here is the form you will need to submit the donations you collect for PKD: 2017 Walk for PKD Donation Submission Form
- Your organization might wish to become an official sponsor of the 2017 event; you can find more information about that here: 2017 Walk for PKD Sponsorship Opportunities
- If you wish to ensure your contribution meets the IRS standard for tax-deductibility, here is the formal letter the IRS provided in 2010 that confirms their status as a 501 (c)(3) entity: IRS Letter Confirming 501 (c)(3) Status for PKD Foundation